Orchard Road Presbyterian Church Chancel Organ

Builder J.W. Walker & Sons Ltd, England
Year of Completion 1962
Number of Manuals III / P
Number of Stops 43
Key Action Electric
Stop / Coupler Action Electric
Keyboard Compass C - c4 (61 notes)
Pedalboard Compass C - g1 (32 notes)

Stop List

Great
Swell
Choir
Pedal
Double Diapason
16'
Open Diapason
8'
Lieblich Bourdon
16'
Open Wood
16'
Open Diapason No. 1
8'
Lieblich Gedeckt
8'
Violin Diapason
8'
Bourdon
16'
Open Diapason No. 2
8'
Salicional
8'
Rohr Flute
8'
Lieblich Bourdon
16'
Claribel
8'
Voix Celeste
8'
Dulciana
8'
Quint
102/3'
Dulciana
8'
Principal
4'
Prestant
4'
Octave
8'
Principal
4'
Harmonic Flute
4'
Octave Flute
4'
Bass Flute
8'
Flute Ouverte
4'
Fifteenth
2'
Dulcet
4'
Octave Flute
4'
Twelfth
22/3'
Mixture
III
Nazard
22/3'
Oboe
16'
Fifteenth
2'
Cornopean
8'
Flautino
2'
Trumpet
8'
Trumpet
8'
Contra Oboe
16'
Dulciana Mixture
II
 
 
Oboe
8'
Double Clarinet
16'
 
 
 
Clarinet
8'
 
 
 
 
 
Accessories
 
 
 
Swell/Great (DS, TP)
Suboctave (DS)
Swell/Choir (DS)
Choir/Pedal (DS)
Choir/Great (DS, TP)
Octave (DS)
Tremulant (DS)
Swell/Pedal (DS)
Great & Pedal Combination Coupler (DS)
Unison Off (DS)
 
Great/Pedal (DS, TP, TS)
 
Tremulant (DS)
 
 

Key:
DS - Drawstop
TP - Thumb Piston
TS - Toe Stud

 

Detail of Left Stopjamb (Swell and Pedal) Detail of Right Stopjamb (Choir and Great)

Comments

The first organ in this church dates back to 1861. The present instrument is the third organ to be constructed there. It is basically a rebuild of the 1926 two manual and pedal tracker organ by William Hill & Son / Norman & Beard. A third division was added and the action converted to electro-pneumatic. In 1987 the action was electrified. The old combination controls are still visible on either side of the console. The church also owns a rebuilt Walker & Taylor II/P organ in the chapel.  

Prepared by Ong Te-Min

Updated on 12 November 2005